What We Make
Shift: The Next Generation
Every year 30,000 patients die unecessarily after injury. Appropriate triage of patients (ensuring that the right patients reach the right level of care) reduces preventable deaths. Shift: The Next Generation is game designed to teach ER doctors better heuristics to decide which patients to send to the trauma center.
How to Play
• Determine whether patients should be transferred or not transferred. Each level contains pairs of cases which all relate to a decision principle.
• Compare cases side by side. Find the clues that make cases similar or dissimilar. Then, submit the clues that show how each patient's transfer decision was related.
• Your challenge: review these cases and determine why both patients were or were not transferred to a trauma center.
• Determine the decision principle for that pair of cases to win the level!
- Audience: ER Doctors
- Platform: Mobile
- Partner: NIH, University of Pittsburgh, Schell Games